Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

auto cooling starts too late

Posted by o_lampe 
auto cooling starts too late
November 13, 2017 03:19AM
Hi guys,
I'm using the part auto cooling feature. But I noticed my fan starts to accelerate when it should be rev'd up already. So the extra breeze misses it's target every time.
Wouldn't it be nice to have an adjustable look ahead fan control?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2017 03:21AM by o_lampe.
Re: auto cooling starts too late
November 13, 2017 08:40AM
o_lampe
Hi guys,
I'm using the part auto cooling feature. But I noticed my fan starts to accelerate when it should be rev'd up already. So the extra breeze misses it's target every time.
Wouldn't it be nice to have an adjustable look ahead fan control?

I think that would be better implemented in the printer firmware. The firmware normally delays the fan commands so as to sync them with the movements in the queue; so it could delay them a little less.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: auto cooling starts too late
November 14, 2017 03:14AM
Thanks David.
I've also used the fan output to trigger a laser diode with an early version of RRF. What you said about delay makes perfect sense. I just thought it would be easier to implement a look ahead into slic3r software. ( remember deckingmans color mixing postprocessor? ).
But when it's just a matter of less delay, it can be implemented in firmware too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login