Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Variable layer config can be saved?

Posted by mag00 
Variable layer config can be saved?
June 28, 2017 03:01PM
Hello all.

The title says all I need to know.

I started to use the variable layer configuration under Settings/Layers tab in Slic3r and this feature is very interesting, but it can not be saved anywhere.... or can?

I tried to find it in google but I had no lucky to this question.

If I close Slic3r or delete the geometry on screen then I loose this configuration.

Does anyone know if I can do this?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Variable layer config can be saved?
June 29, 2017 03:37AM
Every part is different and needs a different layer height optimization. Or did you find a general setting that improves all prints?
First layer height is a different story of course.
June 30, 2017 09:27PM
I agree that every part is different, unless it is the same part that you just want to change some setting in configuration.

If I could save some type of file with layer specification for specific models it should be nice.

Something like, for example, a native file for slic3r. Lets call it as a .SL3 file that maintain the geometry and these variable layer settings.

So, when I call this .SL3 it brings back the model and special layers condition.

Gerson - Voolt 3D print services - Brasil
September 28, 2017 04:35AM
Hello,

I have a question similar to mag00.
I am trying to print multimaterial files and need to change the infill between the different materials of the object i want to print.
So far, i do it by selecting an extruder number under "Settings" in the "Part" tabs and editing the settings i want to change under "Object settings".

Is there a way to save those settings somewhere ?

Thanks in advance.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login