Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repeating gui g-code generation from command line interface

Posted by ed.slatt 
Repeating gui g-code generation from command line interface
October 23, 2016 08:06PM
Hello,

I'm trying to repeat my standard GUI based g-code generation from the command line. I slic3r.exe > main menu > File > Export Config to generate config.ini and slic3r-console.exe --load config.ini to apply it. The resultant g-code is about the same size and the beginning and ending are identical but the rest is mostly different. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Ed

PS diff excerpt screenshot attached
Re: Repeating gui g-code generation from command line interface
October 26, 2016 03:36AM
The GUI and command line slicing code is slightly different. For example, you will likely see the difference in G-code as the command line slic3r automatically centers the object at the print bed,.
Re: Repeating gui g-code generation from command line interface
October 26, 2016 08:37AM
That's it Thanks!

I was using the GUI Auto-center parts preference. When I added --print-center 0,0 to the command line the g-code got very close. The coordinate components seem to have come in perfectly. The extrusion component seems to be off after the third decimal for some reason. But, I printed my test part and I can't discern a difference.

Please let me know if you can think of anything else I should check out. It would be really satisfying to get it to come in perfectly.

Thanks again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login