Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slow Printing

Posted by Colt4D5 
Slow Printing
September 30, 2016 06:21PM
Hey guys, I have a question I am hoping someone here has already experienced and solved: I am using a Prusa i3 printer, Slic3r, and Repatier. I am trying to nail out some quality issues, and subsequently am printing out a bunch of 20MM cubes. In that process, I notice that no matter what I set the speed settings in Slic3r to, the print takes roughly the same time to print. Even when I set everything to something fast like 300mm/s.

The pattern I am noticing, is that it seems the top and bottom layers move as fast as I set the settings, but the vertical walls of the cube move at turtle speed (which is 90% of the print, and why it doesn't seem to change the print times). Unless I am missing something, the vertical walls should just be considered "perimeter" and "exterior perimeters," right? But the head prints these layers ultra slow... I am assuming there is something in Repatier Host, or maybe firmware that is overriding the speed settings in Slic3r? But, I am honestly having great difficulty figuring it out. =/

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!
Re: Slow Printing
September 30, 2016 08:45PM
Check your cooling settings in Slic3r. Most profiles apply a minimum layer time so that more plastic doesn't get laid over plastic that's still molten and make a mess of things. That setting will typically drive your speeds on smaller layers.
Re: Slow Printing
October 01, 2016 10:55AM
IMBoring25
Check your cooling settings in Slic3r. Most profiles apply a minimum layer time so that more plastic doesn't get laid over plastic that's still molten and make a mess of things. That setting will typically drive your speeds on smaller layers.

You are absolutely correct, thank you sir!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login