Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to to disable the autorepair function of slic3r ?

Posted by demolition602099 
How to to disable the autorepair function of slic3r ?
June 01, 2016 02:25AM
Hello..

I am trying to edit the slic3r source code. I want to disable the autorepair function of the slic3r. And just slice the STL with errors.
Then try to repair each individual layer.

Can anyone help with Disabling the auto repair function of the slic3r ?

Regards

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2016 07:20AM by DeuxVis.
Re: How to to disable the autorepair function of slic3r ?
June 01, 2016 07:26AM
demolition602099, I have improved your question by :

- Making it a new thread with an explicit title instead of randomly replying to various other topics (disturbing the participants of the original questions).
- Posting it in the right place (Slic3r) and only in one place (multiple posts of the same content aka crossposting is not allowed in here).

So please behave, buy some patience and maybe you will get an helpful answer.

If you really need some answer quick, use IRC instead of the forums : the RepRap IRC link is in the top banner of all forums pages.
Be warned that you will also need to show some good respectfulness there if you want someone to consider replying.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
June 01, 2016 06:31PM
What are you attempting to accomplish? Repair is a necessary element of getting a solid volume to slice. If you're feeding it non-manifold STLs, it has to make decisions about how to close the gaps or there's no solid to slice. Give it properly-built STLs by running them through NetFabb or some such program first and there should be little or nothing for Slic3r to repair.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2016 06:31PM by IMBoring25.
June 02, 2016 07:47AM
As said, you cannot slice the STL with errors, because until the errors are fixed the solid shape cannot be modelled, and without a virtual solid there is nothing to slice. Repairing an incorrect model layer by layer would not be possible - consider the case where the inside and outside shells are wrong. In that case what should be solid becomes empty space, and what should be empty space becomes solid - which makes every layer completely wrong.

Dave
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login