Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gaps in Slic3r results - Bug or wrong setting?

Posted by towa 
Gaps in Slic3r results - Bug or wrong setting?
May 25, 2016 07:14PM
Update from 26.05.2016:
Issue fixed. There was an error in the scad file causing a bad stl file.

----

Hi,

I have problems slicing this object (testcase.stl) with default settings (see attached screenshots from Repetier-Host). There are real gaps, this is no artifact. If I try to print this, the result is "broken", I can take aparat the different slices of the cylinder. I have tried out other settings and different Slic3r versions (1.1.7 and 1.2.9), but the result was similar every time. The first groove from top came out okay (r+ 0.4mm), but the second and third one (r+0.5 and r+0.6mm) caused gaps in the print. Can anybody reproduce this result and tell me if this is a bug in Slic3r or if this is caused by misconfiguration?

Towa

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2016 05:02PM by towa.
Attachments:
open | download - testcase.stl (158.3 KB)
open | download - testcase2.jpg (171.7 KB)
open | download - testcase1.jpg (87.6 KB)
open | download - testcase.scad (1 KB)
open | download - slic3r129_config.ini (3.4 KB)
Re: Gaps in Slic3r results - Bug or wrong setting?
June 06, 2016 07:40AM
Hi. I cant see your configuration, but, looking at the pictures, the cause is 1 of 2 posibilities:
1- check your design, that kind of gaps are made when the wall is too thin for your noozle.
2- If you didnt do it ignore this, but, in slic3r you can set different layers hights. If you did this and have a gap, that means you misscalculated the height of each section and actually there is a portion of the object with no assigned layer height.

Hope it helps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login