Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Generating Support causes printer freeze

Posted by jataro 
Generating Support causes printer freeze
May 12, 2016 06:56PM
I'm been trying to print some larger and more complex models, and this usually requires support material so the printer doesn't start trying to print in the air.

However, I haven't been able to successful complete a print because my printer (RepRap Prusa model) will freeze about the 3rd or 4th layer when I print models with support material. It doesn't stop or pause, but all axes stop moving (incl. extruder gear) and it will basically just sit there.
This only happens with models requiring support, and it affects all models for which I select "Generate Support Material" as an option (I have tested multiple unique models to confirm that this is the case).

Has anyone else had this problem, and were you able to solve it?

Thanks!
Re: Generating Support causes printer freeze
May 13, 2016 07:56AM
Could you perhaps have selected to print the support using a different extruder which the printer does not have? Try to find a point in the G-code file where there is a change between the print and the support and see if you can see what G-code is causing the freeze, e.g. a tool change or fan command. Turning on verbose G-code output may help you find the right place.

Dave
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login