Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Adding Infill Overlap Setting to Previous Version of Slic3r

Posted by Mammal 
Adding Infill Overlap Setting to Previous Version of Slic3r
April 18, 2016 03:58PM
Hi,

I use Slic3r version 1.0.1. The reason being is that I print a model in Ninjaflex and later versions of Slic3r create to many moves in the Gcode causing there to be many artifacts. When I use version 1.0.1 the moves are less and I get more of a continuous path with cleaner results. I would love to be able to use the setting Infill Overlap, however. I think it would really improve adhesion of the infill to the walls of my print.

Is there any way in the world as we know it to add the Infill Overlap setting to Slic3r version 1.0.1?

Thanks!
Re: Adding Infill Overlap Setting to Previous Version of Slic3r
April 19, 2016 07:19AM
Perhaps increasing the perimeter extrusion width would help, or even try increasing the extrusion factor, which might do the trick if it does not result in poor solid layers. I found that NinjaFlex must be printed very slowly, and retraction distance increased to prevent stringing & blobbing.

Have you tried playing with the settings in the new Slic3r to try to get rid of the extra moves?

Dave
Re: Adding Infill Overlap Setting to Previous Version of Slic3r
April 20, 2016 04:50PM
Hi Mammal,
You may want to turn on Verbose G-code in Print settings - Output Options and reslice a simple object that has the issue. Then you may be able to determine what it's trying to do.

If you can't tell, I can look at if you link the verbose Gcode and STL. I can run it through the g-code visualizer/debugger I wrote.
If you do this, then also insert a photo and describe where it's doing it. For easy way to embed a photo here, see the bottom of this page.

My printer: Raptosaur - Large Format Delta - [www.paulwanamaker.wordpress.com]
Can you answer questions about Calibration, Printing issues, Mechanics? Write it up and improve the Wiki!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login