Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trouble with to horizontal layer under slopes

Posted by daLy 
Trouble with to horizontal layer under slopes
April 09, 2016 01:42AM
I am having an issue with any shape I slice that has to generate solid horizontal layers under slopes.

Slic3r correctly puts the wanted amount of layer under any horizontal plane; but only considers perimeters if next layers are at an angle.

See attached an old model that I had printed correctly.

Attached are the .stl and config.ini
STL
Config.ini

You can see in this picture that layer in the center (under flat plane) are correctly solid. But around it they are not.

I am running v 1.2.9
Re: Trouble with to horizontal layer under slopes
April 09, 2016 08:15PM
Hi daLy

I got the same result.
You should check to see if this has been reported on Github.

For information on what's needed for a bug report see this on the Slicer Tutorials page.

I tried this with these test settings: 10 perimeters, 20 top and bottom layers and .2mm layer height.

I only got 4 top solid layers across the entire top - only in the center I did get 20 layers.

BTW, the model indicates 496 errors, but after fixing in MeshMixer it behaves exactly the same.

Here are my print settings.

Here you can see the top layers starting 20 layers down, but only in the center.

My printer: Raptosaur - Large Format Delta - [www.paulwanamaker.wordpress.com]
Can you answer questions about Calibration, Printing issues, Mechanics? Write it up and improve the Wiki!
April 12, 2016 07:01PM
If you are looking for a strong solid piece, putting more botton/top layers would not be the correct way. Put like 10 perimeters (this is actually more than necesary), and then use 100% infil (again, 100% is not necesary, you are just wasting plastic, use 70%/60% are it is more than enough, specially is you use the honey comb design)

This is what I mean:

April 12, 2016 09:39PM
Thanks Paul Wanamaker I'll look into reporting this on Github.

Tinchus that is not what I am looking for...

David
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login