Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A comprehensive list of tags for start and end gcodes?

Posted by GreatGrizzly 
A comprehensive list of tags for start and end gcodes?
March 24, 2016 12:23PM
For the life of me I cant find a list of all the expansion tags that slic3r supports. I am talking about things like these:

[first_layer_bed_temperature]
[first_layer_temperature]

Since I switched over to PETG filiment I have been having an issue with it leaking all over the place, so I want the hot end to wait at half the target temperature while its doing the other things, then go to full temperature at the last moment. I wanted to put a command like the following in my gcode for this:

;Have hot end go to half of its target temperature to save time and prevent leaking while it does other things.
M109 R[first_layer_temperature]/2

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2016 03:08PM by GreatGrizzly.
Re: A comprehensive list of tags for start and end gcodes?
March 24, 2016 06:25PM
Hi,

I believe that all the variables are included together with their values in generated gcode at the end of the file.

Hope this helps

Reality is in fact virtual.
Re: A comprehensive list of tags for start and end gcodes?
March 24, 2016 10:05PM
Yes, all the variables and the values you were using at the time of the slicing are commented at the bottom of the generated g-code file. The only other variables are applicable to the layer change g-codes, where you can use [layer_num] and [layer_z], and the tool change g-code, where you can use [previous_extruder] and [next_extruder].

Slic3r does not at this time support doing math with these variables, as far as I know. You can hard-code specific values into the start g-code if you remember to change them for different materials or, if you are running a firmware that supports it, you can set different active and standby temperatures for the extruder and do initial setup in standby.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login