Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Exporting parameters into gcode

Posted by mopar 
Exporting parameters into gcode
March 23, 2016 08:13PM
Only been printing for a month with my Makerfarm i3v so still learning a lot. Colin recommends version 0.9.9 and supplies config files for most heads for PLA and ABS filament. 0.9.9 embedded certain settings and values used to calculate the gcode. 1.2.9 only embeds half of those settings, and I like the extra info embedded in 0.9.9 (it helps me keep track of settings I've changed). I don't see anything in the config files that call to export those settings and there's nothing in slic3r that gives you the ability to change it.

So is there a way to get 1.2.9 to embed the same info into the gcode file?

With the exception of getting bubbles on the perimeters of ABS prints I think I have everything working pretty good now. Haven't tried creating any gcode for PLA with 1.2.9 yet so I don't know how close my PLA specific config file is yet. I want to focus on one filament at a time.

Thanks for any help.

Not sure why Colin doesn't support 1.2.9 yet and he hasn't been much help as he only supplies version 0.9.9 and configs.
Re: Exporting parameters into gcode
March 23, 2016 11:07PM
Without going in and looking at each one to compare individually, it looks to me as though 1.2.9 comments ALL the configuration parameters at the end of the g-code file.
March 24, 2016 09:46PM
I stand corrected, everything is reported at the end. Never thought to look at the end.

What's the difference between perimeter extrusion width and external perimeters extrusion width? 1.2.9 reports both and they're different values, where as 0.9.9 only reports perimeter extrusion width.

Also just noticed that it reports both values at the start and end of gcode file, but they are different. Assuming the values at the end are what the value was in the config file at time of creating gcode and the top is the value used in calculations? 0 is default in both values at the end of gcode and so 1.2.9 must be reporting the values it uses by default in the top of gcode?

Maybe I should have asked if you can restrict what's reported! Lot of info to sort thru.

Thanks IMB.
March 24, 2016 09:56PM
If you hover your mouse over the input fields it will bring up a tooltip that explains the function. External perimeters are those visible on the finished part if you're using opaque material...The outermost ones. If more than one perimeter is generated, the remainder will use the other setting.

Yes, the comments at the bottom are the values you put in the configuration files. The ones at the top are the extrusion widths it decided to use.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login