Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Memory leak?

Posted by Mr. T 
Memory leak?
March 20, 2016 07:35PM
Hi there,
as I load .stl files to Slic3r and modify options, positions or anything else, everything will be recalculated. That's no problem I guess. I'm using Xubuntu 15.10 64 bit and Slic3r (v 1.2.9) provided by the Software Center. If I don't restart Slic3r and "Delete All" objects on the plate the RAM usage does not decrease but increases with any modification I do to a print. With around 4 GiB RAM and Slic3r tending to use 110 MiB (as it finished starting) to 1-3 GiB (as I finished tinkering with the options eye rolling smiley ) it already happened that my system lagged or crashed due to RAM and massive swap usage.

As I load extremely complex and detailed models to Slic3r It takes only two to three changes to fill the RAM of my computer in minutes. That's annoying and I think that Slic3r isn't supposed to do it... I think there clearly is some kind of memory leak in Slic3r at least in my setup.

Thanks for your help!
Re: Memory leak?
March 20, 2016 09:33PM
Mr T,
It sounds like you have a good test case.

You should post it here on Github

This link gives the information you need to include in your bug report.

My printer: Raptosaur - Large Format Delta - [www.paulwanamaker.wordpress.com]
Can you answer questions about Calibration, Printing issues, Mechanics? Write it up and improve the Wiki!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login