Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Incomplete G-Code Export

Posted by Kurzaa 
Incomplete G-Code Export
March 20, 2016 12:51AM
Moving away from Repetier Host to the web interface on the Duet board, so I did a fresh "install" of the latest stable version of Slic3r this week so I could use it as a stand alone application. The UI is definitely different from what I am used to, but I think I am figuring it out.

However, tonight was my first attempt slicing with it, thought everything was fine, didn't see any kind of slicing progress bar, and clicked export g-code or something similar from the right side of the screen on the 3D tab. However, a few hours into the print, it suddenly stopped. Was worried it was a failure with the new board, but when I checked the generated g-code, it appears to have abruptly ended.

G1 X52.699 Y7.562 E22.79941
G1 X52.317 Y7.

Assuming I am doing something wrong. File size was something like 3.1MB if that makes a difference. Thanks for the help.
Re: Incomplete G-Code Export
March 20, 2016 03:35AM
You probably copied the file to the printer before slic3r had finished writing it. This is an easy mistake to make when using slic3r.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 20, 2016 06:24AM
Progress is reported at the very bottom left of the Plater view - after you have pressed the 'export G code' button it says something like 'exporting partname.gcode', followed by 'GCode file exported to directory/filename.gcode' when it's finished.
At least, it does on my Linux Mint version.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2016 06:27AM by David J.
March 20, 2016 11:30AM
Re-tried it today and I did notice the progress bar and confirmed that the export had finished. I also upped the thread count which I think really helped with the speed of the export.

Thanks for the help guys.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login