Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Peelable support request

Posted by more10 
Peelable support request
March 12, 2016 10:23AM
I am doing a large PET print on a Prusa i3, the project thread: [shop.prusa3d.com]

This print was unsuccsessful because the bottom layers melted. So I introduces raft and interface layers in my design and lowered the heatbed temerature. The lower temperature and "weaker" interface caused warping at the flanges. The angle is quite low and the support interface was too weak.

I believe that this guy is on to something: [zavax.wordpress.com]

I believe that ending the (honeycomb) support with a few solid layers with a sparse separator layer would be great. The separator layer should be honeycomb as well because the layer above could have any orientation.

MÃ¥rten
Re: Peelable support request
March 13, 2016 07:39PM
I've been playing with support becuase my printed parts for a MPCNC needed high explosives to remove the support material. After a while I realized Contact Spacing is not space between the support and printed object, it's the width of the solid area of contact. For example, if you set this to 0.2 mm with 3mm spacing every 3mm there will be a line of material 0.2mm wide on the part, with bridged material connecting these "lines". Number of interface layers determines the height of these lines and bridges. Everyone told me to increase the Contact Spacing to make material easier to remove, and that is completely backwards. Reduce the contact spacing , use 3 or 4 layers of it, and it's easy to either break off of cut off. So far I am down to 0.075 contact spacing and a razor knife removes the support easily. Next prints I'm going to go even lower.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login