Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

slicer configuration error

Posted by LarryB 
slicer configuration error
February 27, 2016 11:08PM
I am running a newly assembled Maker Farm dual extruder Pegasus. All of the test code works just fine. I have configured Slic3r 1.2.9 on a Windows 7 Pro desktop. I have the bed set in the printer settings at 200x200 and the origin at 95x95. When I load a model into the plater the 2d view the view shows an x of 5 and a y of 5. If I write the file to gcode and run it, the machine tries to make the part at the machine home position instead of the middle of the bed. I have set the bed setting to other numbers and changed them back to try and fix the apparent corruption. I have even gone into the c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\slic3r\printer folder and erased the config file and reconfigured the slic3r printer settings. No matter what I do, the 2d display always show the middle of the grid as 5,5. I have attached the printer config file. the bed setting seems to be a confused mess. What should I try next?
Attachments:
open | download - Pegasus_Dual.ini (968 bytes)
Re: slicer configuration error
February 28, 2016 12:30AM
I'm not specifically familiar with the Pegasus, but it's a Mendel derivative and the Mendel traditionally uses an origin at (0,0) (bed center at (100,100) or thereabouts). Slic3r used to use bed center, but when they now say origin, they mean the coordinates of the bed corner at minimum x and minimum y. Set that to (0,0) and the bed to 200 x 200 and Slic3r will center your parts at the point where the nozzle goes when you command G1 X100 Y100, which is probably bed center.
Re: slicer configuration error
February 28, 2016 10:15AM
Thanks a lot. Your answer was right on the money. My printer is humming away as I type.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login