Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error Message

Posted by Rein 
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error Message
February 25, 2016 02:13AM
I just started getting back to working on my 3D printer recently and I got the new version of slic3r 1.2.9a. The last version I had been running was 1.0.1 because I'm not a power user I stick with the "stable" versions.

So after this I went with some old STL files to work on creating new settings to work with my current plastic and all of these file were being sliced great and I got the settings almost perfect for the filament I had.

So then I went and got Autodesk Fusion 360 to start designing some items I needed to print for fixing other issues and so far everything that I've tried to draw in Fusion is causing Slic3r to crash.

The message states that the application requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way.

Is this a common issue? A Fusion issue? Or did I just screw something up?
Re: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error Message
February 25, 2016 07:11AM
Slic3r 1.2.9a crashes on almost every model I give it. There is another thread about this. I have given up using slic3r until this is fixed. I expect you are seeing another symptom of the same problem. It may depend on which operating system you are using - I use Win10 x64 but I had the same problem under Win7 x64.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2016 07:12AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 25, 2016 08:58AM
Ah I see, I'll try to find the other thread.

I thought it was something I did or what I was using to make the stl files because I had a bunch of old ones from Thiniverse that sliced with no issues. I am running win 7 64 because I'm reluctant to upgrade. lol
February 25, 2016 09:32AM
Rein
Ah I see, I'll try to find the other thread.

I thought it was something I did or what I was using to make the stl files because I had a bunch of old ones from Thiniverse that sliced with no issues. I am running win 7 64 because I'm reluctant to upgrade. lol

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I meant that I get the same problem with slic3r under both Win7 and Win10, both x64.

Btw since the latest large update that MS pushed to Win10 users. my machine is possibly as stable as it was when it ran Win7. Prior to that, under Win10 it often used to run out of memory and need rebooting. But it's too soon for me to recommend Win7 users to upgrade to Win10.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

February 25, 2016 10:08PM
Got ya, say what do you use when Slic3r is unstable like it is now?
February 26, 2016 05:04PM
I reluctantly purchased Simply 3D.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login