Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dual extruder config and issues

Posted by pikelo 
Dual extruder config and issues
February 01, 2016 09:37AM
Hello guys,

It is about two features/issues while trying to print two colours, same material (PLA) with a dual extruder (E3Dv6) with an offset on X-axis of 26mm.

1) Is it possible to do a "skirt" around the 3D printed object with both extruders? I think it's possible to print a skirt with only ONE extruder, is it?

2) As known, ooze when using two extruders can be minimized with wipe towers, is it possible to get any script or update that generate this feature?

EDIT:

3) I get a "wait for user" message on LCD screen when switching from one extruder to other one and reach printing temperature. How can I jump this step in the way that printing process don't stop itself and continiue authomatically?

Many thanks!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2016 11:14AM by pikelo.
Re: Dual extruder config and issues
February 01, 2016 07:14PM
1) I have gotten that behavior when I was messing with it. I believe it occurred with a minimum skirt length set and ooze control may have needed to be active.

2) Make a tall cylinder and cut it to match the last height where there's an extruder change? That's the way I've done it.

3) That may be Slic3r or it may be your firmware. What are the custom g-codes you have configured in Slic3r that are associated with tool changes? What firmware are you running and does it have scripted g-codes for tool changes?
Re: Dual extruder config and issues
February 02, 2016 04:47AM
Hi,

3) I'm using Marlin & slic3r. I didn't use any custom g-code at "tool change script" so I guess the wait for user message comes from Marlin settings. I didn't find how to lock this and go on printing even when change temperatures on tools change. Any idea?

I didn't fin either any M0 or M1 at generated g-code.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login