Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Avoid droop after print on Delta

Posted by Replace 
Avoid droop after print on Delta
January 27, 2016 11:18AM
On my delta, after the print is finished, the head homes to top and start drooping on the finished object.

My custom code is:

M104 S0 ; turn off temperature
M140 S0 ; turn off bed temperature
G28 X0 ; home X axis
M84 ; disable motors

what should I specify for instance to move the head not to central but to a position on the outside circumference so drooping is not on the object ?

Thomas

www.3daybreaker.blogspot.com

Orca V4.4 rebuild to Ramps with Mk8 and E3D, as well as a Rostock Delta Mini and an OLO in backorder :-)
Re: Avoid droop after print on Delta
January 27, 2016 05:43PM
It's your M84, when you cut the power to the steppers the effector will drop because there is nothing holding it in place.

Take that out and it will stay in the home position. I just use G28 not sure why you would need X0 also.

Replace
On my delta, after the print is finished, the head homes to top and start drooping on the finished object.

My custom code is:

M104 S0 ; turn off temperature
M140 S0 ; turn off bed temperature
G28 X0 ; home X axis
M84 ; disable motors

what should I specify for instance to move the head not to central but to a position on the outside circumference so drooping is not on the object ?

Thomas
January 27, 2016 05:47PM
No that's not what I mean.

The hotendd stays in position, but as it is still hot, the molten filament will drip on the object.

I need the assembly sideways out of the way...

Orca V4.4 rebuild to Ramps with Mk8 and E3D, as well as a Rostock Delta Mini and an OLO in backorder :-)
January 27, 2016 06:00PM
In your end gcode, retract a little filament.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 27, 2016 08:28PM
Here is what I use to home the effector, and then drop down 10mm to move the sliders from the endstop switches:

G28 ; home all axis
G91 ; use relative coordinates
G1 Z-10 F1000
G90 ; use absolute coordinates

In your case, change the G1 Z1 F1000 to move to the side, i.e.:
G1 X60 Y0 Z-5 F1000

Rick
February 02, 2016 04:04PM
I had my first print with the x60 in the end code and yes: the droop wa next to the object :-)

Thanks for the tips

Thomas

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login