Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Deleting part of the GCODE

Posted by vozkaj 
Deleting part of the GCODE
January 01, 2016 08:49AM
Hi,
many times I was looking for function, that will show GCODE as layers with editing possibility.
I know, that I can go to notepad and try to find exact command and delete it manualy, but it is not that easy to recognise what is what in that code.
I would like to have possibility to open gcode layers in some editor (like on the tab layers in slic3r) with preview and some tools like eraser to have possibility to erase some parts from layers? (like in paintbrush)
Slicer generates GCODE perfectly but with one settings for whole print. And it is not easy to generate 5 different objects and then join them in notepad etc...
Sometime it is generated with some errors or with unwanted objects, support, infill, or whatever (there is always need for generating some layers with support, some with infill, and some without anything in one print)
It would be nice to have possibility delete unwanted parts.
It can be done like paintbrush or as grafical layers viewer and text commands viewer which highlights parts of the code after mouseover, so I can easy find and delete unwanted parts in the code.
It should be easy to develop (not for me, but for someone like slic3r developers) and I guess that many of us will find it very usefull...
I tried to search for something like that but was not succesfull :-( Do you know abou anything like that or think it is possible to add it to the slic3r?
Thanks for help.
Jan
Re: Deleting part of the GCODE
January 04, 2016 11:28AM
To find the start of a particular layer in the G-code, just use a text editor and search for the associated Z parameter. e.g. if your layer height is 0.2mm and you need to find the start of layer 25, search for the string "Z5.0" (25 x 0.2 = 5.0).

Dave
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login