Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Software on (Arch-)Linux

Posted by 4dPrinter 
Software on (Arch-)Linux
October 29, 2015 12:46PM
Hi

I built my first 3d printer. An i3 prusa. It seems to work! Woohoo!

On Archlinux, I use printrun to move the printhead around and as far as I can tell, this works like a charm. If I understood correctly, I now need a slic3r to actually print something. When I try to start slic3r from printrun (pronterface), it tells me
python: can't open file 'skeinforge/skeinforge_application/skeinforge.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

I think this is an old setting and I probably just need to change the path that's invoked in the options menu. However, I first tried to run slic3r without printrun. I have a config file for slic3r from here. So I try to start slic3r with
x@y: ~/Downloads/3dPrinter $ slic3r --load default_config_05mm_pla.ini --gui
Warning: Mismatch between the program and library build versions detected.
The library used 2.8 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI 1008,wx containers,compatible with 2.6),
and your program used 2.8 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI 1009,wx containers,compatible with 2.6).
Base class package "Wx::GLCanvas" is empty.
    (Perhaps you need to 'use' the module which defines that package first,
    or make that module available in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/bin/vendor_perl/lib /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/share/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib/perl5/core_perl /usr/share/perl5/core_perl .).
 at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/Slic3r/GUI/Plater/2DToolpaths.pm line 121.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/Slic3r/GUI/Plater/2DToolpaths.pm line 121.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/Slic3r/GUI.pm line 16.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/Slic3r/GUI.pm line 16.
Compilation failed in require at (eval 66) line 1.
[\code]

I'm not sure if I should be worried about the mismatch of wxpython. wxpython 3 is default on Archlinux, but I installed both printrun and slic3r against wxpython 2.8, which is still in the repositories. wxpython 2.6 is not in the repositories anymore and would cause more work.

The rest of the error message is pretty much gibberish to me.

Can anyone help me getting this to run? Help is much appreciated. I'm also happy to just use the console, without gui, as long as I know what to do.
Re: Software on (Arch-)Linux
October 29, 2015 06:33PM
Another slicer you could try is Cura.
Re: Software on (Arch-)Linux
December 24, 2015 07:38PM
First, try slic3r, slci3r-bin, and slic3r-git, all of the AUR. I use AURA to help with that. They worked for me for a long time.

If they don't work, get the precompiled version from the Slic3r website.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login