Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Leaving a gap in the print

Posted by dpeart 
Leaving a gap in the print
October 04, 2015 08:25PM
I'm using version 1.2.9 and am seeing an issue with the slicing. I'm slicing an extruded design that is admittedly thin. The last time I sliced it was with version 1.0.0 and it sliced fine.

What happens now is that I get a piece of the part missing because the slicer starts/stops on the print and they do not connect. They "almost" connect but don't. I'm wondering if someone has an idea on how to change it so that it slices properly? In version 1.0.0, it did the entire slice as a single non-stopping extrusion. In the new version it made it into two.

picture

Any ideas on how to get this to actually touch?

thanks
david
Re: Leaving a gap in the print
October 05, 2015 11:22AM
Reduce the extrusion width slightly. "Print Settings" > Advanced" > "External Perimeters" (Look at your G-code with a text editor to see what the default setting is, then set it to something a tad thinner).

Dave
October 05, 2015 01:47PM
Dave,
I ended up going the other way, and made it a bit wider. This allowed slic3r to only create a single print there and it fixed it as well. When I tried to go thinner I had issues getting the first layer to stick.

thanks for the response,
david
October 06, 2015 08:52AM
Also un-check Detect Thin Walls. Doing this allows me to sometimes get an additional extrusion into a tight space.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login