Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What setting slows this infill down

Posted by RRuser 
What setting slows this infill down
September 06, 2015 11:40PM
Been trying to print a Wades small gear 100% infill with PETG, and because it's such a small part I need to keep the temp down, but this means I also need to slow the extrusion. I've slowed down everything in the slic3r speed settings to under 20 mm/s, but when the print gets to the teeth of the gear, for some reason it does not slow down on the solid infill of the teeth. It jerks around, and the only way to slow it down is to lower the Feed Rate on the marlin lcd.

This video shows the super speed infill that is already reduced 20% feed rate on the lcd:
[vid.me]

What Slic3r setting causes (or can slow down) this super-speed infill at 0:30 ?
Re: What setting slows this infill down
September 07, 2015 08:25AM
Jeez! What does the part look like after it does that?

Something is wrong with your gcode file- that isn't caused by a slicer setting, unless you told it to use 2000% extrusion width for the infill (print settings>advanced>infill or solid infill).

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
September 07, 2015 12:43PM
Yes it is solid infill. But I use solid on other things and it works normal. Even the base of this small gear is solid and is normal. It's just in the teeth of the gear that it speeds up.
September 07, 2015 05:37PM
I think you need to reslice it. There's definitely a problem with the gcode there. Slic3r can be flaky sometimes. Try Cura.

September 08, 2015 05:53AM
Max Volumetric Extrusion.

That fixed everything. A setting of 5 seems max for printing the small gear, although it was pushing it; will try 4 next. No other speed setting would slow it down. And I'm trying to not use other slicers (I bought S3D too).
September 09, 2015 01:53PM
I know what volumetric extrusion is and use it all the time. What is "max" volumetric extrusion?

September 10, 2015 12:42AM
Sorry I meant Max Volumetric Speed.
September 10, 2015 09:20AM
I have slic3r 1.2.9 and can't find any reference to "max volumetric speed". What version of slic3r are you using?

September 10, 2015 09:53AM

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login