Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Infill problems?

Posted by drhender 
Infill problems?
September 05, 2015 12:58PM
Using Slic3r 1.2.9, I sliced Yoda this morning for a test print. It was set to use two outer shells and a honeycomb
infill at 10%. I was surprised to find that the infill walls are two or three layers thick and the infill includes an inner
she'll that mirrors the outer shell. (See attached photo.). The result is very few, relatively thick internal supporting
walls instead of many more thin walls that extend clear to the outer shell.

Did I make some mistake with settings that caused this infill pattern, or is everything working as designed?

Thanks for the assistance,
David
Attachments:
open | download - image.jpg (360.3 KB)
Re: Infill problems?
September 06, 2015 06:29AM
Looks like the middle is a section of a giant honeycomb. Try 20%, or rectilinear.
September 06, 2015 10:08PM
Yes, clearly the infill is honeycomb... That was, after all the infill pattern I selected. And yes, I could switch to a different percentage or pattern, but neither would answer the question as to why the 10% honeycomb pattern is so thick, resulting in large hexagons. If the walls were thinner and there was no inner wall as I previously stated, the hexagons could have been much smaller, used a similar amount of material (ie, 10% infill) and provided a much better distribution of infill.
September 08, 2015 05:28AM
Set your infill extrusion width manually from the Advanced page.
September 08, 2015 05:56AM
Yes it looks like something is telling it a big width.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login