Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Raft suggestion and Gap Fill speed suggestion

Posted by wfcook 
Raft suggestion and Gap Fill speed suggestion
July 20, 2015 09:46AM
I've noticed a couple of things about rafts that are worth pointing out and which I think could be changed relatively easily:

(1) The first two layers of the raft are printed at the same pattern angle, which results in the first layer (thicker extrusion) not properly supporting the second layer (thinner).

(2) The first interface layer is printed at the same pattern angle as the first raft angle, no matter what angle the prior raft layer was printed at. Again, this results in improperly supported interface material unless an odd number of non-interface raft layers is used.

(3) All interface layers are printed at the same angle. This is not necessarily a problem, but not what I expected and I would think it would be better if they alternated like the other layers. What it the reason for this?

For Gap fill, there is an odd quirk where setting the maximum gap fill speed to zero turns it off. This is at odds with all the other speed settings, which when using the max volumetric speed option can be set to zero if the user wants slic3r to pick the best speed. I would suggest that it would be better in any case to have a checkbox (on the infill page, maybe) to enable/disable gap filling and allow the speed setting to be used as the others are used. It might be nice to allow it to be expressed as a percentage of solid infill or perhaps of the normal volumetric rate.

Thanks,
Bill Cook _/)_

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2015 09:50AM by wfcook.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login