Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slicer Settings not matching gcode print speed?

Posted by jstefanop 
Slicer Settings not matching gcode print speed?
June 23, 2015 02:05PM
I have a attached the gcode file I'm having an issue with, and its mostly related with the top arch of the model (layers 92-102).

Slicer should obviously consider this either a bridge, or small/external perimeter....the speeds I have set for permitters is 8, small 5, external 50% and bridge 4, yet layers 92-94, 101-103 are printing at 10mm....if you look at all my settings at the end of the file i don't even a a single print speed set at 10mm, so i didn't even know what value it using for this and its driving me mad.

Its not even using the bridge speed of 4 for the actual bridge part of the arch.

It seems to be using the small perimeter speed of 5 for some of the last layers, then 10 for the rest which makes no sense since all those layers are relatively the same.

Any ideas?
Attachments:
open | download - 20140926_Marvin_KeyChain.gcode.zip (241.4 KB)
Re: Slicer Settings not matching gcode print speed?
June 23, 2015 03:35PM
Look into filament/cooling, and toward the bottom you will find 'slow down on layers taking less than X seconds', and note there is a minimum speed allowed to slow down to, which defaults to 10mm/sec . . . . Thus, I suspect that this is where your speed change is comimg from.

- Tim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2015 03:35PM by tadawson.
Re: Slicer Settings not matching gcode print speed?
June 23, 2015 04:44PM
tadawson
Look into filament/cooling, and toward the bottom you will find 'slow down on layers taking less than X seconds', and note there is a minimum speed allowed to slow down to, which defaults to 10mm/sec . . . . Thus, I suspect that this is where your speed change is comimg from.

- Tim

That was it! Thanks much smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login