Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slic3r Bridging running over the perimeters?

Posted by InfamousDave 
Slic3r Bridging running over the perimeters?
June 15, 2015 09:57PM
I am relatively new to 3D printing and this is my first time bridging, and i've been having problems about the printer stopping before the edge of the other side of the model and i routed it down to Slic3r actually coding the print job to go over the edges.
Does anyone have any options or solutions for me to try?

Thanks
Attachments:
open | download - Bridge Issue.gif (389.9 KB)
Re: Slic3r Bridging running over the perimeters?
June 16, 2015 07:42AM
It is possibly an extrusion width issue. If you are under-extruding slightly, the perimeters will not be quite as thick as Slic3r intended, and bridges and infill can fall short. You can try increasing your extrusion multiplier - you should really do an extrusion width test. I am not convinced that the thin wall test is a good test however, because without the sides of the extrusion being constrained, the perimeter is naturally going to be wider than the infill and cause you to set a lower extrusion factor than is correct. The infill test is perhaps a better one - print a cube with at least 2 solid top layers and 95% infill. When the extrusion factor is correct, you should see very small gaps between the lines of infill, and no gaps between the lines on the solid top layers. If there are no gaps in the infill you are over-extruding, if there are gaps in the solid layers you are under-extruding.

The symptom can also be caused by too much backlash in the printer (e.g. loose belts).

Dave

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2015 07:42AM by dmould.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login