Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slic3r Toplayer infill too large

Posted by Chri 
Slic3r Toplayer infill too large
June 12, 2015 05:03AM
Hello

I`m just testing slic3r 1.1.7 and have some troubles with the top-layer.
The infill lines are just much too large and bulky, i don`t know if i just miss a setting, or its a bug ?
the first of the toplayers is printing fine (left on the picture) but at the most top layer the infill lines are too fare away from each other, resulting also in holes when printing.

the flow is calibrated corretly, horizontal and all other lines look nice, when i raise the flow the lines become overinvill at normal perimeters/infill, so thats not the issue.

Its the same issue vice versa at the bottom layer, there is the first layer ok and the 2nd layer infill is too wide.

Chri

[chrisu02.wordpress.com] Quadmax Intel Delid Tools
Re: Slic3r Toplayer infill too large
June 12, 2015 09:48AM
The probability is that Slic3r is generating the correct G-code but you are under-extruding a little on the solid infill which I believe defaults to a thicker extrusion. If increasing the extrusion causes the perimeters to be too lean, try setting all your extrusion widths the same ("Print settings" > Advanced" > "Extrusion width"). Set the "default extrusion width" to zero (auto), and all the others to 100%. You will also find an Infill/perimeters overlap value that you could tweak. What you may also find is that slowing down the print speed of solid infill improves the issue as well.

Note that looking at the first two or three layers is not a valid test, because those are very much affected by the Z homing calibration which is seldom perfect. Go only by the top infill.

Dave
Re: Slic3r Toplayer infill too large
June 12, 2015 11:07AM
Thanks for the info, the extrusion width settings where all at "0" (default), i changed the top infill value to my nozzle size now its also showing the right lines at my gcode viewer.
Printing speed is not a issue for my printers as i`m experienced with fast printing but the issue was also with slow printing.
To me it seems that slic3r does something wrong there, but i`m fine with this workaround.

i`ll try to print it this afternoon again.

Chri

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2015 06:46AM by Chri.

[chrisu02.wordpress.com] Quadmax Intel Delid Tools
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login