Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Speed Settings

Posted by Pandanator 
Speed Settings
April 04, 2015 08:50PM
When I got my new filament, NinjaFlex, I had to bring down the extrude speed to 25mm/s. After that I went into Slic3r to change the speed settings to 25mm/s. After I sliced it like normal, except it gave me a really odd finishing time. So I double checked it and compared the times to another config that had the speed at 60mm/s. When i sliced it, the times were roughly the same(20 minute difference). I was wondering how I could fix the speed so it truly reflect the 25mm/s speed. Thanks smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2015 10:56AM by Pandanator.
Re: Speed Settings
April 05, 2015 12:46AM
Exactly what settings did you change to 25 mm/s? All the printing move speeds?

How big are the slices of the part you're printing and what are your cooling settings? If it's a part with small layer cross-sections and you have a conservative minimum layer time, you might already be at less than 25 mm/s.
April 05, 2015 11:00AM
I changed all of the speed settings (perimeter- first layer speed) to 25mm or 100%. the thing I sliced was the cup from [www.thingiverse.com]. I scaled that to 3 and sliced at .2mm.
April 05, 2015 11:39AM
Yes, even at 3x scale it looks like your cooling settings are likely driving your speed on that.
April 05, 2015 02:25PM
Thank you so much! It worked and I got it printing correctly. Thank you, a lot smiling smiley
April 05, 2015 02:25PM
Thank you so much! It worked and I got it printing correctly. Thank you, a lot smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login