Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3D clay printer (need help)

Posted by AleksanderA 
3D clay printer (need help)
March 24, 2015 05:45PM
Hi all!
I'm developing my own larger clay printer. At the moment the largest print is 50 cm tall. Max Z axes is at 100 cm.
The software for slicing is Slic3r. Printer runs on Mach3.

[postimg.org]

The clay is pushed by a compressed air and I haven't found a solution yet on how to stop the flow, where that is needed.
So I thought to my self that if I cud speed up the path at some points, the clay flow would be interrupted:

[postimg.org]

Is this posible? Thank you!
(sorry for my english)

Aleksander
Re: 3D clay printer (need help)
March 24, 2015 08:11PM
You could try setting the non-printing travel speed to a high value.

Dave
March 25, 2015 07:17AM
I have changed that. All still remains the same. The non-printing speed doesn't speed up sad smiley

Image:

Aleksander

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2015 07:18AM by AleksanderA.
March 25, 2015 08:37AM
AleksanderA
I have changed that. All still remains the same. The non-printing speed doesn't speed up sad smiley
Aleksander

2000 mm/s is possibly too high either for Slic3r or your printer. You should also check that the minimum layer time is set to 0 ("Filament Settings" > Cooling" > "Slow down if layer print time below:"). Look at the G-code and see what speeds are actually being sent to find out whether Slic3r is failing to set the faster speed or your printer is failing to execute it. The travel (non-printing) move speed definitely works OK in general. My normal prints are set to a print speed of 70 mm/s and a travel speed of 120 mm/s, and it is easy to see the difference.

Dave
March 25, 2015 11:15AM
Tested, but no speed changes. It's probably the Mach3 software (?)
Can you check the G Code file? I actually don't know where to look.

Thank you so far Dave smiling smiley

Aleksander
Attachments:
open | download - Last.txt (172.9 KB)
March 25, 2015 03:23PM
That G-code is commanding 70 mm/s and 35 mm/s printing speeds (the slower is probably for perimeters), and the non-printing move speed is 200 mm/s. So if you cannot see a very distinct difference it must be due to limits set in your printer controller.

I also note that the moves use an "A" parameter instead of an "E" parameter for the extrusion amount. Not sure why that is.

Dave
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login