Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

print just stops at a certain point

Posted by mararm 
print just stops at a certain point
March 18, 2015 09:36AM
Hey Hey

I sliced this part with sli3er in spiralize mode. But the printer always stops at hight 6.5 roundabout. Can anybody tell me why or know a similar problem?

Thanks!!
Attachments:
open | download - cupholder_round_vase_150317.gcode (464 KB)
Re: print just stops at a certain point
March 18, 2015 10:44AM
What start code have you set up?

There's this line:
G1 Z5.0 F{travel_speed}
and this line
G1 F{travel_speed}
and then this extraordinary line:
M117 Muahahahah...
[edit] - just realised that that could be a display message in your firmware so is OK

Try putting in a reasonable figure instead of your incorrectly formatted "travel_speed" variable (Slic3r uses square brackets not curly brackets). As it is, Slic3r is using a standalone Z speed of 9000mm/m (150mm/s), which is most probably faster than your printer can handle, though it should simply limit the speed rather than stop printing, and if it gets up to 6.5mm it has got past several such commands.

The G code shows that at 7.5mm height Slic3r resets the extruder distance to 0 (you are printing in absolute extruder moves). This is the only thing that happens that is different to previous moves, and so I suspect that your printer is falling over for some reason when its extruder is reset or that the retraction (which also happens at that time) has caused it.

Try fixing the errors in your start code, and also try setting relative extruder moves. Do that by changing all the commands "M82" in your start code to "M83", and tick the box "Use relative E distances" under "Printer Settings" > "General"

Dave

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2015 10:57AM by dmould.
March 18, 2015 10:54AM
[Ignore]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2015 10:56AM by dmould.
March 19, 2015 07:33AM
I am gonna try

Muhahaha smiling smiley (it was a little joke of the builder...)
March 19, 2015 09:59AM
mararm
I am gonna try

Muhahaha smiling smiley (it was a little joke of the builder...)

Yes, I realised after I posted that the M117 code is used for displaying a message on some printers rather than fetching the zero position (as it is on other printers), and so that line is perfectly fine if you are using it for display. I think the problem must be due to a bug in your printer when the absolute E position is reset to zero (as it is from time to time when absolute E moves are used in any prints that are not small), in which case switching to relative E moves may well be a solution and will have no side-effects. Relative E moves make more sense to me in any case, and I use that format all the time.

Dave
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login