Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slicer adding strange code to profiles

Posted by BorgCymru 
Slicer adding strange code to profiles
March 06, 2015 07:01AM
Using Flashforge Creator Pro. Latest Slic3r and GPX

Been tring all night to get slicer to work. First off when I added the code to the post proseesing part Slic3r would closed down.

After giving up on that I set up my profiles and tried a test print. The extruder seemed to be fiven 2 temp at start up. First ti wouldgo to 110 ( the bed temp) then it would go to 230.

When it did try and print it would go to the back right corner and try and print there.

I have a look again at the GPX code and noticed that the " and ' where being turned into ascii. So I looked at the profiles I hade made and also noticed that it was full of junk

Is this a bug in Slic3r ? I can't seem to stop it happening.

[rotate] degrees\n;scale = [scale]\n;skirt distance = [skirt_distance]mm\n;skirt height = [skirt_height]mm\n;solid fill pattern = [solid_fill_pattern]\n;solid infill below area = [solid_infill_below_area]mm (sq)\n;solid infill every n layers = [solid_infill_every_layers]\n;\n;\n;- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – -\n;\n;\nT0; set primary extruder\nM73 P0; enable show build progress
~~

[support_material_extrusion_width]mm\n;\n;\n;- – - – SUPPORT – - – -\n;\n;raft layers = [raft_layers]\n;brim width = [brim_width]mm\n;support material = [support_material]\n;support material threshold = [support_material_threshold]

Thanks. I have been following this guide

[www.3duniverse.org]
Re: Slicer adding strange code to profiles
March 06, 2015 05:30PM
Don't expect any help if you don't even tell us which version of slic3r you are using.

The funny characters in the second configuration string you showed us suggest that the string has been written in UTF8 encoding (perhaps by slic3r) and then read by a text editor or some other program that doesn't understand UTF8.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 06, 2015 07:45PM
as it says : The latest version.

The text shows up like that IN slic3r. If you write in the post prepossessing box it changes. The text editor doesn't do that to other G Code files made on other slicers so I doubt its the text editor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2015 07:45PM by BorgCymru.
March 07, 2015 03:06AM
Latest release version, or latest experimental version? Which version number exactly?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 07, 2015 07:06AM
slic3r-mswin-x64-1-1-7-stable
March 08, 2015 05:34PM
Well looks like the group on Facebook has solved the problem.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login