Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sli3er and Delta rostock Max v2

Posted by jram 
Sli3er and Delta rostock Max v2
March 03, 2015 01:45PM
Hello All,
I have a Delta Rostock Max v2 and have been using Matter control with the available slicers. I'v been having trouble with that so I downloaded a version of sli3er as I'd like to just slice my models in there and then printing from an SD card. I have a few questions regarding setup. I imported some settings from the seemencnforum. However I'm wondering where I can enter how many mm my print head starts from the build plate? Is this even something I need to enter or does my firmware know this? I entered all of the other important settings I just don't want to crash my head into the glass. Any help or maybe a link to a tutorial would be appreciated.
Re: Sli3er and Delta rostock Max v2
March 04, 2015 08:48AM
The head should be homed during the printer initialisation or setup stage (i.e. before starting the print) so that it is just touching the bed when Z=0. If Z homing is reliable and does not require manual intervention/checking, then a homing command can be put into the start G-code in Slic3r. Slic3r will command the head to move to the first layer height at the start of the print, which will thus be higher than the zero position (as set by the homing process).

Dave
March 04, 2015 06:03PM
dmould
The head should be homed during the printer initialisation or setup stage (i.e. before starting the print) so that it is just touching the bed when Z=0. If Z homing is reliable and does not require manual intervention/checking, then a homing command can be put into the start G-code in Slic3r. Slic3r will command the head to move to the first layer height at the start of the print, which will thus be higher than the zero position (as set by the homing process).

Dave

Thank you dmould. I was able to export g code but for some reason my machine is showing a target temp of 0 for the hotend, even though I set it at 202 in sli3er. Any suggestions on this? The bed temp is correct but no hotend temp
March 05, 2015 08:04AM
jram
I was able to export g code but for some reason my machine is showing a target temp of 0 for the hotend, even though I set it at 202 in sli3er. Any suggestions on this? The bed temp is correct but no hotend temp

It sounds as though the printer firmware you are using doesn't support the temperature commands that slic3r is generating. You could try changing the "Gcode flavour" in the Printer settings in slic3r to see if you can get it to work. Alternatively, heat the nozzle to operating temperature before you start printing.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 05, 2015 09:24AM
It may also need a tool selection command in your start G-code. e.g. T1 or T0. You could also put a temperature setting command in your start code. Use the Slic3r variable name instead of a numerical value and it will sent the figure you have set in filament settings, e.g.

M140 S[first_layer_bed_temperature]

Substitute whatever command your printer needs for "M140"

Dave
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login