Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slic3r opens on disconnected monitor

Posted by FatFreddie 
Slic3r opens on disconnected monitor
March 02, 2015 06:25AM
After I've closed slic3r while it's being displayed on an external monitor connected to my laptop, it opens on that monitor afterwards and is therefore invisible if the monitor is not attached.

If I make sure it's on the laptop display when I shut it down it opens on the laptop display next time so no big deal but I thought I'd mention it as it puzzled me for a while and I had to wait until I could get the external monitor attached before I could use it again.

Tested on V1.2.5 and V1.2.6 on Windows 8.1 pro 64bit - high res screen on the laptop which does confuse some programs WRT font size but I don't think it's related to this.

Cheers,
Mark
Re: Slic3r opens on disconnected monitor
March 02, 2015 08:27AM
Sounds related to the graphics driver. I have had the same issue with other programs that remember their last screen setting, and got the display back by changing the graphics display settings to either single screen or "cloned" screen, opening the application in question (which then displays OK) then changing the graphics back to the previous setting. After a graphics driver update a few months ago it stopped happening.

Dave
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login