Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Support settings

Posted by Kiwibot 
Support settings
February 27, 2015 05:29PM
Hi all. I'm new here so please forgive me for repeating a question that I'm sure has been asked before...I did a search but got nowhere.
I'm new to printing having had my machine for 3 months. I'm having some support issues which I think are down to the settings...I'm running the default settings. My supports are very flimsy and often break and fall over.
The settings as they are now are;
Pattern: Pillars
Pattern Spacing; 2.5mm
Pattern Angle; 0
Interface Layers; 3
Interface Pattern Spacing; 0

Another issue I have is that where the supports touch the sides of the model they are very hard to remove.

Any input as to where to make setting adjustments will be much appreciated.
Re: Support settings
March 01, 2015 06:45AM
It could be that your Z steps or you nozzle height is not calibrated properly, another option is that your extruder doesn't extrude enough material. is it breaking of the bed or in the middle of the print?

for your other question, try setting your support material extrusion amount in the advance tab to about 70% and see if that helps to remove the support more easly

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2015 06:47AM by RentMyBrain.

[www.rentmybrain.xyz]
Re: Support settings
March 01, 2015 04:58PM
If the support is touching the side of the print it means you are either over-extruding or you have backlash in your X and/or Y axis. The gap between the print and support is extremely small, so a extrusion that is slightly too wide or a tiny positional inaccuracy in X or Y will make it touch.

Tall support columns need to be stuck to the bed very well - you could try setting a raft or brim to give them a better base.

Dave
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login