Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Retract and lift on travel

Posted by redblunt 
Retract and lift on travel
February 23, 2015 02:46PM
hi guys

does anyone know wether it is possible
to retract and lift on every travel move??

problem is i am printing fila flex and it is
very drippy. on 2 seconds of traveling
the hotend drips about 12mm of filament

kind regards

red
Re: Retract and lift on travel
February 23, 2015 04:48PM
Sounds like you might have the heat turned up to high.

I thought Slic3r retracted for all travel moves, so it would just be a matter of setting the lift and retraction settings under the extruder section of the printer tab.
February 23, 2015 08:10PM
Slic3r will retract on travel except for travel that is shorter than what you specify in its configuration. But you could probably specify 0 and it will retract for ALL travel moves.
February 23, 2015 09:59PM
Don't forget to uncheck the "Retract only when crossing borders" box as was noted in another thread.
February 24, 2015 12:26PM
lumen
Don't forget to uncheck the "Retract only when crossing borders" box as was noted in another thread.

Yes. This is especially an issue on the first layer. Even though you are on the outside of the final object, slicer does not consider it is crossing perimeters. As you move from one hole to another on your objects interior, slic3r will extrude filament. Since this goes down before the infill, this extrusion will be on the exterior of the finished print. Just because of this, this check box is, IMHO, useless. I can't think of a scenario where I'd want to have it checked.
February 25, 2015 05:21PM
thanks guys i just missunderstood minimum travel after retraction
you saved me a lot of anger helping me spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login