Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Patchwork" Perimeters

Posted by gheedunk 
"Patchwork" Perimeters
December 07, 2014 12:43PM
Hello All.

New here to the forum. Did some cursory searches but did not find anything that addressed my issue. The G-code generated by Slic3r allows perimeter to skip about completing a layer in multiple "patches" as opposed to a continuous bead of material. This is producing a part that is not functionally acceptable. On lesser sized forms, the issue is diminished, but not entirely eliminated (still present at outboard points). I have remodeled the 3D thinking it was a correction that was made to join bodies in Netfab or Slic3r, but no difference. Also flagged "avoid crossing perimeters" in Slic3r with no effect. Attached are photos illustrating the issue. The one is showing the effect of the "patchwork" perimeter, and the other showing the improvement on the smaller form. The form is a thin wall (1mm) star. Thanks in advance
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_0787.jpg (80.6 KB)
open | download - IMG_0786.jpg (70.5 KB)
Re: "Patchwork" Perimeters
December 07, 2014 10:02PM
Yes - Mine does this too. It started with 1.1.7, but I still see it in 1.2.1. For me it only seems to happen on bridging layers, and it usually happens at one end of a bridge or the other. It will draw half of the perimeter, up to the beginning or end of a bridge, then pick up and move elsewhere, then do it again. On some large objects, it seems to me as if I've seen it segment the perimeter into 4 or 5 pieces like this. To me this is totally counter intuitive - the perimeter of bridging layers - particularly at the attach point of those ridges - is where it is most important that the perimeter be intact
Re: "Patchwork" Perimeters
December 08, 2014 05:06AM
If you think you may have a documented issue with SLIC3R it would be better for the community if you reported in a documented form at developers site as this forum is a reprap community only which may not be acted upon:
https://github.com/alexrj/Slic3r/issues
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login