Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Large parts sinus infill

Posted by pf26 
Large parts sinus infill
November 05, 2014 10:53AM
Hi,
I try to make larges parts (cubic meter range) like bodyworks for light vehicles, using 2 "parallel" surfaces or skins and a third surface of sinus waves linking the two skins. Please refer to attached pictures. This shapes are very lightweight and relatively stiff and fast to print.
Using a standard infill instead of sinus waves dramatically increases printing time because of sharp angles (My prototype machine prints at 300mm/s, acceleration 1m/s/s)

Currently, I slice a hollow part with the 2 skins, and then separately slice the sinus wave surface, and then merge the g-code. As painful as you may imagine. All the more as Slic3r does not seem to like slicing open surfaces and tends to close it some strange way - so I have to use other slicers which I like much less.

Ideally, I would love to find a new infill style for large parts with 2 skins. I guess this could be made by changing the concentric.pm code. Unfortunately, I have no time and knowledge for Perl coding.
Is it realistic to think someone could help on this ?
Otherwise, just a way to have slic3r properly slice the open sinus wave surface would greatly help me. How could I do this ?

Thks, Pierre.
Attachments:
open | download - double_peau_sinus1.gif (89 KB)
open | download - vue_sinus1.gif (99 KB)
open | download - 3d_essai_caross1.jpg (123.7 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login