Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printrbot 1405, Slic3r 1.1.7, No End of Issues, Please Help

Posted by dailafing 
Printrbot 1405, Slic3r 1.1.7, No End of Issues, Please Help
September 17, 2014 04:55AM
Hi everyone,

After saving a long time, I bought the Printrbot 1405 kit, and was recommended slic3r with Repetier Host (V1.0.4)

I love both the software, and I'm convinced that the settings will provide a fantastic print, if set up properly.

My issue is that when ever I try to print, there's always "something" wrong, that makes it a bad print...

I've played aimlessly with all the settings, and I came to the conclusion that the settings need to be adjusted "objectively".

I'm therefore looking for one of two things...

1) A full, complete comprehensive guide that, if followed to the letter, will land you with a working printer. I don't expect specific values, as each bot differs. but there should be guides that teach you how to ascertain the correct figures yourself. "if the print is too XYZ, then increase the doo-da, until...." etc...

2) A Picture based trouble shooter guide. So I can visually compare print errors, and then have a description that clearly states what would cause the error...

Please, please please... Can someone help me since I am at a loss... Thanks
Re: Printrbot 1405, Slic3r 1.1.7, No End of Issues, Please Help
September 17, 2014 06:48AM
Picture based troubleshooter: [support.3dverkstan.se]
Though might be Ultimaker specific here and there you can learn a lot.
September 17, 2014 07:19AM
That's it! that's the kind of thing im looking for yes....

Even though this is specific to ultimaker, this helps me a little... thank you...

How about calibration, or any more guides that might help... anyone?

thanks
September 18, 2014 12:11PM
Start here:
[reprap.org]

Have a look here as well:
[reprappro.com]

And, in general, search for the issue of interest (for example "calibration") on Google and also on good 3D printing forums. It will help... a lot smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login