Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

V1.2.0 Won't slice

Posted by MileHigh3dII 
V1.2.0 Won't slice
September 05, 2014 06:07PM
I've been having issues with Slic3r for the past few months. Crashes, extremely slow slices (and yes, I have avoid crossing perimeters turned off). I have 1.2.0 and I ask it to slice a simple car holder and it does nothing. I press the export G-code, it asks where to put it and it just sits there. I don't get green bar or anything. If I press "export G-code" again, it tells me that it is working on an export job. Running a MBP with 16GB memory and SSD drive. I have 8 threads enabled thinking that would help. Under activity monitor it says that Slic3r isn't using hardle any resources.

I like the all the features, but Slic3r is like a pretty girl with all the right stuff that never puts out, literally.

Do I have a bad install? Should I go to 1.1.7? Can I just download that one and install it or do I have to uninstall this 1.2.0 first?
Re: V1.2.0 Won't slice
September 05, 2014 09:32PM
Holy Oddness Batman. So I started mucking around and went back to the -default- settings that I haven't used in year. With those it sliced perfectly. I started adding back in the three different config files that caused the crash. Narrowed it down to the 'Print Settings'. I started changing the values back to default and running the slice. Crash, close, re-open and change a couple more.

It is when the 'Skirt' value is set to "0" instead of the default "1"? I want manly prints with out skirts!!! I don't even know what it is. I'm already doing two loops. Is a skirt touching the part like a mini-brim?

So I changed it back and forth three times and that is the value causing the hang-up????
September 05, 2014 10:51PM
The loops ARE the skirt
September 07, 2014 01:35AM
I'm surprised that they let you select zero if loops is greater than one.

If you say no loops but skirt 1 layer, I don't think it freaks out, actually that is how it says to turn it off. Seems like it should be the other way around. Do you want a skirt and how tall, oh, by the way, how many loops do you want it to be thick.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login