Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Some ideas for next versions of Slic3r

Posted by Boeing777 
Some ideas for next versions of Slic3r
August 28, 2014 08:56AM
Hi everyone,
i'm new in the forum.
I want to suggest some "improvement" that could be introduced in slicer. I don't know if some of this are yet proposed or there are any kind of plugin that can implement these features, in that case i'm sorry.
I'm using Slic3r 1.2.0

- In the info box in right-bottom can be shown the weigth of pieces in grams. This information could be useful to appreciate production cost or weigth itself of pieces.
- In the same box can be shown extimate time of print, alhought i believe it could be very difficult to calculate.

I've just a doubt: "seam position" means point in new layer in which extruder starts to print? If this is true why my printer lift Z axis and start new layer just above the end point of previous layer?

Thank's in advice

Pasquale Abbattista
RepRap Ormerod Pro "Pasqualized"
Re: Some ideas for next versions of Slic3r
August 30, 2014 05:45AM
Slic3r appends the total volume of plastic used to the GCode, open one file and, depending on what version you are using, you will find that information near the beginning or the end of the code.
Total print time would be nice, what I do now is to open the G-Code file in Pronterface and it tells me the estimated total time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login