Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gcode help

Posted by Mjolinor 
Gcode help
August 25, 2014 12:59PM
Wanhao Replicator 3.

I am trying to set up my start and end Gcode files as I want them but am failing.

I can't work out how Slic3r (GUI) assigns the filament files. It seems that whichever is the active one in the GUI is the right extruder and I have to manually edit Slic3r.ini to tell it which file to use for the left extruder. I can live with this, no problem but if someone knows how I should do it then I would appreciate the input.

The real problem at the moment is that I cannot define in the start Gcode for it to use the temperatures out of the ini files.

I expected it to be something like:

M104 S[Temp from right INI file] T0
M104 S[Temp from left INI file] T1

That is indeed what it does when it generates the gcode but I can't let it do automatic generation of that because I need my start code to expel some filament for each extruder and Slic3r will not turn an unused extruder on so the rest of my start gcode means a clicking extruder as one extruder is cold and a drive into the end stop when I use only the right extruder as the offset is controlled in the firmware.

If I put:

M104 S[temperature] T0
M104 S[temperature] T1

then I get:

M104 S230,250 T0
M104 S230,250 T1

Which results in the same temperature for both extruders.

The obvious solution is to manually enter the temperatures in the start.gcode but it's not a real solution and that way I have to remember to change the start.gcode if I want to change the temperatures.

I do have some other problems but probably best to go through one at a time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login