Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wrong tool numbers in slic3r - configuration option?

Posted by dc42 
Wrong tool numbers in slic3r - configuration option?
July 21, 2014 06:27AM
Is there any way to tell slic3r 1.1.6 what the tool numbers are when generating a multi-extruder gcode file from a .amf file? In my dual extruder prints, slic3r is calling the tools T0 and T1. However, in the RepRappro Ormerod firmware, T0 is the empty tool, and the real tools are T1 and T2.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2014 06:28AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Wrong tool numbers in slic3r - configuration option?
August 04, 2014 10:49AM
Select the object in the plater, then click on the "Settings..." button. There you can assign extruders to object parts.
Re: Wrong tool numbers in slic3r - configuration option?
August 04, 2014 11:56AM
Sound, thanks for taking the trouble to reply. I have one object on the platter, which is a multi-media object read in from a .amf file. I can select an extrude number for perimeters, infill, support material and support material interface, but that doesn't help, because the perimeters are in one colour on some parts of the model an in another colour on other parts.

I have put the .amf model at [dl.dropboxusercontent.com] in case you or anyone else wants to have a go at slicing it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2014 11:59AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login