Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slic3r 1.1.2 G-code export issue

Posted by Sardi 
Slic3r 1.1.2 G-code export issue
June 25, 2014 05:56AM
Hi guys.

Ive been using Slic3r for some time now, but have found out some huge differences in g-code exporting when I tried Cura.

The issue is following:

Object exported via Slic3r 1.1.2

Same object exported via Cura 14.03

Slic3r created a lof of non printing moves (green lines) and prints only parts of the object, while Cura prints all in one circular move.

Now, I preffer Slic3r to Cura, and would like to continue using Slic3r as I am used to it, so is there any chance of getting Slic3r to export the file properly?

These are my Slic3r settings. I have tried checking and unchecking all of the boxes under "quality" (except of "detect thin walls") and there was no change in export.

Thanks,
Antonio
Re: Slic3r 1.1.2 G-code export issue
June 25, 2014 11:20AM
You're making a good argument for switching to Cura. I don't believe there is any way to change Slic3r's behavior in this regard.

My advice, as I've said many times on this forum, is to not be reliant on a single slicer. I use slic3r, cura, and skeinforge interchangeably. Slic3r is still the first slicer I go to, but the percent of time I use Cura is climbing.
Re: Slic3r 1.1.2 G-code export issue
June 25, 2014 02:08PM
It got to my attention that Slic3r often has problems generating correct gcode if the walls are thinner than 2 extrusion widths. As mine is 0.48mm on a 0.5mm nozzle width - Sic3r has problems.

Cura also has some problems, but I managed to get past them via expert settings.
I couldnt get this bar to get shown when looking via "layers" mode.

However, after a bit of fixing my STL file, and checking "only follow mesh surface" in Cura expert mode, I finally got it - the bar is not as it should be, but it will do for now. Ran it also through G-Code simulator, and it seems everything is ok.

Now I will print it to see how it turns out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2014 02:49PM by Sardi.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login