Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slic3r with multiple extruders and different e steps?

Posted by KORYBA 
Slic3r with multiple extruders and different e steps?
June 22, 2014 09:24AM
Hi there,

I am using a TriColor Mendel and I am having issues with different e-steps for the three extruders. When I am setting the feed rate for the primary extruder to its ideal value (M92 command) , the second and third extruders have a too low extrusion rate which leads to small holes in the structure.

Is there any way to set in Slic3r for extruders other than the primary one a different feed-rate? If not, is there any other way to overcome this issue?

thanks and best regards,
KORYBA
Re: Slic3r with multiple extruders and different e steps?
June 23, 2014 05:06PM
hi,
you can adjust the feedrate

Enrico

[www.dapa3dservice.it] [www.studiodapa.it]
repstrap dApA, Ramps 1.4, MarlinKimbra / scanner 3D Cubify Sense / Formlabs Form 2
June 23, 2014 05:50PM
Have you tried custom g-code to select each extruder individually and set its e-steps per mm? Don't know if it will work, but it looks like the only way to do it through Slic3r.

T0
M92 E720
T1
M92 E700

There may be something you can do with the tool-change custom g-code and placeholders, but I can't see anything obvious (or even not obvious). Can't seem to find a list of placeholders anywhere.

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
June 24, 2014 03:22AM
3dKarma, this looks like a good idea. Alternatively, you can adjust the feed rate in slic3r for each extruder as a ratio of the first extrude rate.

Using ABSPrusa Mendel Zaphod with Pronterface and slic3r 1.3.0. Printing well with 3mm PLA and ABS through 2 x J Head Mk IV b and Wade Geared Exruders. Controlled using RAMPS1.4 board running Marlin_v1.1.9
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login