Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Feature request: reduce print speed for overhangs

Posted by willenbrook 
Feature request: reduce print speed for overhangs
June 12, 2014 03:16PM
I have found that when printing an overhang with sharp corners I have allot of problem with the corners curling up. This often causes skipped steps and a ruined print. I have just found that enabling the autocool option and slowing the print speed down completely removes any overhang curl and I get perfect prints. Im pretty sure this improvement is seen because the print speed of the overhang perimeter is reduced, and not the increase in layer time. As I still get the problem when printing multiply copies of the same model with auto cooling disabled, meaning the layer time is high but print speed is also high.

Could an extra input be added to the speed window to give direct control of overhang perimeter speed?
Re: Feature request: reduce print speed for overhangs
December 08, 2014 09:25PM
Im having exact same issue, did you find an answer to your question? Another slicer maybe?
December 09, 2014 01:39AM
Could the small perimeter speed applied also over overhanging areas?
December 14, 2014 11:15AM
Wow its a long time since I posted this.

Glad to hear other people are having similar problems.
I haven’t found an answer to this yet, although to be honest I haven’t been looking much.

How difficult would it be to add a separate speed input for overhangs to sli3er.
It obviously can already detect overhangs for the support generation tools. So could this chunk of code also be used to detect overhangs for a tool like this?

I have no experience writing programs, so please correct me if this isn’t an easy thing to do!
December 14, 2014 01:10PM
Surely there is a detect but i thing is used on the lower layers but not on the path generator.
I don't know the code of slic3r so I cannot the effort of such a mod
Like you i find strange that no other has the same issues of us.

This remember me an XKCD strip

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login