Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FreeGLUT fix?

Posted by Tom Brown 
FreeGLUT fix?
May 29, 2014 01:14PM
The fix for the missing FreeGLUT close function must be in an FAQ somewhere, but I can't find it. Can someone point me to a description of the fix?

I'd like to have a working 3d view in Slic3r.
Re: FreeGLUT fix?
May 29, 2014 01:28PM
Why not just download the latest compiled release?
[slic3r.org]
May 29, 2014 01:47PM
It does not function correctly for me on Linux Mint 16 - 64 bit. All I get in the layout window are weird lines, regardless the source file. Also, most of my source files failed to load with various errors.

Compiling from source, it seems to function correctly with the correct preview. All of my source files show some errors but it still loads them and functions properly.

I've had terrible trouble getting Slic3r to work, over the year and a half I've been trying to work with it. I only run Linux (UBUNTU or Mint) on all of my machines so it could be an Ubuntu issue. When it works it's brilliant but it only a few select versions work for me. In fact, right now I can slice after two weeks of trying various versions and library combinations so I won't be upgrading it... perhaps ever. lol!
May 29, 2014 02:00PM
Could this be what you are looking for?
[forums.reprap.org]
May 29, 2014 03:14PM
Yes, that is the issue I am facing. It is identical.

I found that thread, read it, and deleted my config files but that didn't fix it for me.
May 29, 2014 05:31PM
You may try to explain your problem to the developer in a documented way here:
[github.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login