Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Change layer thickness for x layers?

Posted by browner87 
Change layer thickness for x layers?
May 28, 2014 01:50PM
Is it currently possible or would it be possiblein the future to print at different resolutions (or, even better, with entirely different profiles) for different layer ranges?

When I print things with threads in them I print with a 0.1mm resolution to get half-decent threads without "fixing" them at all. However printing a 5" tall object that has about 100 layers in the middle that touch a thread means a several-thousand-layer slow print. It would be very nice to print at a rough/fast 0.3mm for most of the print with the middle bit at 0.1mm for a nice thread.

I suppose this would be possible if I cut the middle out of the file before feeding it into Slic3r and sliced the three parts separately and then printed them one after the other, but this seems very tedious and error-prone.
Re: Change layer thickness for x layers?
May 29, 2014 05:08AM
hi,
[manual.slic3r.org]

bye

Enrico

[www.dapa3dservice.it] [www.studiodapa.it]
repstrap dApA, Ramps 1.4, MarlinKimbra / scanner 3D Cubify Sense / Formlabs Form 2
Re: Change layer thickness for x layers?
May 29, 2014 04:51PM
Thank you! The funny part is I read this article once before (I recognise the diagrams) but I forgot what it was about.

It would be swell if you could choose a profile for layer ranges to up speeds or whatever, but this will do. Thank you again!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login