Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruding problem

Posted by music10 
Extruding problem
March 29, 2014 08:36AM
I have assembled a RepRap from RS Comonents and everything seems ok, except when I start a test print, just a little PLA comes out of the extruder nozzle, then it stops.
The head temp is 200C and stays there within a few degrees.

If I run a manual test, by lifting the head out of the way of the bed, the extruder pumps PLA out in a fine stream which looks ok to me.

Is there perhaps a code in the gcode file that is changing the flow rate ?

What is the correct temp for PLA and what is the correct feed rate of the material ?

Any ideas what is happening
Thanks
Mike
Re: Extruding problem
March 29, 2014 11:17AM
music10
I have assembled a RepRap from RS Comonents and everything seems ok, except when I start a test print, just a little PLA comes out of the extruder nozzle, then it stops.
The head temp is 200C and stays there within a few degrees.

If I run a manual test, by lifting the head out of the way of the bed, the extruder pumps PLA out in a fine stream which looks ok to me.

Is there perhaps a code in the gcode file that is changing the flow rate ?

What is the correct temp for PLA and what is the correct feed rate of the material ?

Any ideas what is happening
Thanks
Mike

My guess would be that you are printing your first layer too close to the print bed, the nozzle is too close so the plastic can't flow out it piles up further up the hotend and that causes a stall.
Either you lower the print bed 0.1 to 0.3 mm or in Slic3r, go to the Printer Settings tab and in the Size and Coordinates area set your Z offset value to more than zero, again you can try values from 0.1 to 0.3mm to start with.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login