Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Program for mixing gcode files

Posted by exuvo 
New Program for mixing gcode files
March 12, 2014 07:26PM
So I was having some problems with uneven outside walls when using slic3r on a tower like object with flat sides. My solution was to write a program where I can copy a single good layer to get consistent sides with no bumps.

Today I cleaned up the code, added a lot of input verification and improved flexibility. You can get the code and a precompiled java jar at [github.com] .
With this you can now easily mix different slicer settings in a single print (unfortunately all layers currently have to be the same height, might be fixed in the future).

Example usage: java -jar GCodeMixer.jar --step 0.3 --source orig.gcode:test --layer test;0-5,6-7:6-20,21,22:22-29,29:30
Results in out.gco that begins with layer 0 to 5 of orig.gcode, layer 6 to 20 are copies of orig layers 6,7 in a rotating fashion, layer 21 is a copy of orig layer 21, layer 22 to 29 are copies of orig layer 22, layer 30 is a copy of orig layer 29.

To mix different files use something along the lines of: --source inputA.gcode:a --source inputB:b --layer a;0-10,41-50 --layer b;11-13:11-30,31-40

I hope someone finds it useful. Add an issue on github if you find any problems with it or want a feature added.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2014 07:35PM by exuvo.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login