Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Small bump on the inside with holes

Posted by dnsseguin 
Small bump on the inside with holes
November 11, 2013 11:42AM
Hi

if you look inside, it has larger bumps with 0.9.10b version than the version 0.9.9dev,

Yet, it is the same setting in both case

Do you have any idea why?

Denis
Attachments:
open | download - 2013-10-31_dif_vers_clic3r.jpg (144.4 KB)
open | download - config.ini (2.7 KB)
Re: Small bump on the inside with holes
November 12, 2013 08:47PM
Not 100% sure if this will cause it but under Print settings / Advanced you have some high extrusion values and yet a low bridge rate. My top 2 values are (0) Default and bridge flow 1. The bridge flow has nothing to do with your issue just thought I would mention it. The default extrusion width however set to over 200 as you have it means it's extruding twice what it should per the rest of the settings. As is the first layer.

First layer can be more than default if you have a problem getting prints to stick but should not be needed on a properly adjusted machine. The default width however means it's basically using 2X the normal amount and that could make any blobs much worse. Try setting it to 0 (default and basically = to setting it to 100).
November 14, 2013 11:08PM
Thank tmorris9,

I try this before and is this reduce bump but don't remove, I don't understand why the pieces have a big difference between 2 versions of slic3r
November 15, 2013 12:44PM
Since this is open source software, you can go through the code and see exactly what was changed between 0.9.9dev and 0.9.10b. It could be any of a few dozzen changes. We all seem to calibrate things a bit differently (my config is quite different than yours). We all use filament from different sources (my calibration / config changes each time I do). The objects we print are all different (setup changes for that as well). This makes identifying a single cause for any single effect on one part a bit difficult.

One example - calibrated the way my printer is calibrated, with the filament I use, printing my parts, running my speeds and temperatures, your extrusion multiplier variations would give me big time trouble. That's a lot of if's ahead of a pretty simple statement...
March 13, 2014 08:17AM
dnsseguin,

Did you solve this problem? I am only getting one bump per hole though. Seems like the larger the hole, the larger the bump. Using the same version of slicer.
March 13, 2014 08:56AM
Hi,

Yes,
I change the retraction config for
Leghth = 3mm
Lift Z = 0mm
Speed 15mm/s
Extra lenght on restart 0mm
minimum travel after retraction 2mm
Retract on layer chage UNselect
Wipe while retrating select

See picture,
Attachments:
open | download - retraction.jpg (16.4 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login